Lists of Models
We will eventually be hosting an API and list of LLMs. In the meantime:
- Open LLMs
- The GitHub repo is the currently most actively maintained list of open models (that can be used commercially) along with some other resources
- awesome-marketing-datascience/Open LLM Models List
- Also available as a Google Sheet, this is a curated list of fine tunes and quantized models
- CRFM Ecosystem Graphs Table
- Maintained by CRFM, this tracks a large number of models (beyond LLMs) along with metadata
- Viktor Garske's AI / ML / LLM / Transformer Models Timeline and List
- A timeline of select papers and models
- lhl's LLM Worksheet
- A Google Sheet that tracks foundational models, as well as some fine tunes, datasets, and evals
- Reddit r/LocalLLaMA "New Model" flair
- This is a good place if you're looking for the latest fine tunes of open foundational models
- Hugging Face: Text Generation Models (sorted by recently modified)
- This is where almost every public fine-tune, quantize, as well as foundational model lives, so it's a bit much and not where to start, but where you might end up.
- 2023 LifeArchitect.ai data
- A Google Sheet w/ mixed list of various models, datasets, and lots of random data
- Constellation: An Atlas of 15,000 Large Language Models
See Evals for potentially more models and how they compare.
Which model to use?
There is a constant stream of new model releases (both fine tunes and foundational models) so any list will be inevitably out of date w/o constant attention. Instead of a list, here's how to pick a model:
- If you're just getting started, just use the Getting Started guide and seeing which ones you can test out. nbox and perplexity labs tend to cycle in the latest hot models.
- If you're looking to download a model, I'd compare TheBloke's latest quantizes with your preferred Eval for your task.
- You can visit r/LocalLlama and see the latest models that the community is talking about.